If you are interested in becoming an official, contact Georg Fuhs
TOP TEN REASONS TO BE A USA SWIMMING OFFICIAL
10. They give you free food and a heat sheet.
9. You don’t have to time.
8. The meets go much faster.
7. It’s cooler on deck than in the stands and not as crowded either.
6. You don’t have to decide what to wear to a swim meet.
5. You meet new and interesting people - across the state and country.
4. You may be able to deduct travel expenses on your taxes.
3. You get to see your child swim up close and personal, and they know where you are when they need money.
2. You have the satisfaction of knowing you are contributing to your child’s swimming efforts.
1. All teams need to provide officials in the meets we participate in, or they won’t happen.
Stroke & Turn Judge -- Ensures that all swimming rules are followed
Timing System Operator -- Responsible for the automatic and semiautomatic timing equipment
Timing Judge -- Determines the official time for each swimmer
Recorder -- Uses Meet Manager to input all swimmers’ times and order of finish